Coco Peat Grow Bags
Coco Peat Grow Bags (WASHED) – used as a component to grow food crops including strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers and more. These coco coir-based grow bags are made from 100% natural renewable raw material of superior quality for faster germination of plants with healthy root system. It is used across hydroponic cultivation, domestic purpose, and commercial greenhouses worldwide.
- Reflects 90% sunlight keeping the Rooting area cooler than plastic pots.
- Recyclable, low density Polyethylene free from BPA – suitable for food contact
- Usable for a year, super strong and resists chemical reaction.
- DIY drain holes to suit any plant for great drainage and aeration.
Coco Peat Grow Bags could be buffered using a Calcium Magnesium and water solution, soaked overnight (or at least for a few hours), and then rinsed again before use, but these already have a low E.C. of < 0.5 mS/cm.
Compressed block dimensions: 97cm x 20cm x 4cm
Block should decompress to a height of approx. 17cm
- Level surface and create suitable (slight) slope towards DIY drainage holes if needed
- Add 7 liter of clean water / buffering solution / nutrient solution to expand the grow slab
- Cut DIY planting holes into top of bag and plant
When coco coir is buffered, for instance using EHG Cal Mag PLUS, it undergoes a process that replaces the potassium and sodium that is held onto by the coir, with calcium and magnesium that is added to the coir during the buffering process. Doing this before using the coir, makes this process happen BEFORE plants is introduced, instead of the process happening with plants growing in the coir already.
Nobody wants their coir to “steal” the Ca and Mg in their nutrient solutions when feeding their plants and for these minerals to be replaced with Sodium and Potassium instead, but this is what will happen when using improperly buffered and rinsed coir.
Buffering ( and then rinsing ) coir is a proactive measure to create an optimal growing environment that supports healthy root development, robust vegetative growth, and bountiful yields for a wide range of plant species.