Captain Slow Boat Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
R80.00 – R300.00
Captain Slow Boat Unsulphured (No anti-microbial Sulphur dioxide) Blackstrap Molasses contains, amongst other ingredients, minerals for your plants …
Selenium, Potassium, (good) Sulphur,
Iron, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Amino Acids,
Fatty Acids, Sodium, Calcium
… as well as lots of Carbohydrates (Sugars), which provides an excellent food source for the beneficial microbes in soils, substrates, or compost teas.
Please note: 1lt volume is currently available in plastic containers, not glass.
Benefits of using Molasses:
- Feeds the beneficial microorganisms in the soil
- Improves structure and water retention of the soil
- Enriches the soil with various essential minerals and vitamins
- Helps to prevent the build-up of pathogens that could harm your plants
- Helps minimize the risk for salt build-up in the soil, which could cause nutrient problems
- Acts as a natural insecticide against common cannabis pests
Directions for use:
When feeding molasses, it is recommended to start with lower dosages first.
E.g. 4–5ml of molasses per liter of water.
You can increase this dosage rate when your plants start fruiting or flowering.
The risk for overfeeding with molasses is considerably lower than with mineral nutrients, but it is smart to observe your plants for any signs of stress or nutrient burn, in particular if you add molasses to an existing feeding regimen.
If you’re adding molasses to your existing feeding regimen, you should also keep an eye on your soil’s pH level, since any additional substance can affect it. Make sure you check your runoff pH frequently.
More on Molasses here.