Meaco 10L Dehumidifier
The Meaco 10L Dehumidifier:
- Removes 10.26 L of moisture per day at 30° C and 80% RH (Relative Humidity) using 195 Watts/hour
- Removes 8.38 L of moisture per day at 25° C and 80% RH using 174 Watts/hour
- Removes 5.02 L of moisture per day at 25° C and 60% RH using 165 Watts/hour ( These conditions are the closest to an average grow space )
The MeacoDry ABC Range 10L Compressor Dehumidifier also has the following features:
- Air Flow (nominal): 105 m³/hour
- Rated Current: 1.0 A
- 2 Fan speeds
- Automatic defrost, Automatic turn off
- Ultra-Quiet – Noise level at one meter: 35 to 40 dB
- Energy Efficient
- Top Quality – Two-year warranty
- Multiple Features – Child lock, Laundry Mode & Timer
- 2,6 L water tank with option of continuous drainage (hose excluded)
- Compact Design – Small and lightweight
- Dimensions (HWD): 463 x 300 x 250 mm
- Weight: 11.3 kg
Generally, manufacturers name and rate the unit based on the amount of water it can remove from air in 24 hours, but based on air with a temperature of around 30 degrees Celsius and with an RH of 80%. These types of conditions may be a reality in really tropical summers in places like China and Hong Kong, but is far from what the conditions inside your average grow area are like. There are even some manufacturers that rate their units’ performance based on 32 degree Celsius air with 95% RH! These ratings are also based on air where the RH remains the same – as a dehumidifier cannot magically continue to remove water from air with little to no water in it.
As a general rule of thumb, halve the rating of any dehumidifier to get an idea of how much water it will remove from a “normal” grow room environment in 24 hours.
Dehumidifiers are best suited for closed-loop growing set-ups, or spaces with little ventilation – no number of dehumidifiers will dry out a space where potentially wet air is constantly being ventilated into the space from outside.