Blumat Connectors come in handy when building a customized automatic watering system with Blumat Tropf Sensors / “carrots” and other Blumat accessories. They connect to the Blumat Tropf 8mm and 3mm Tubing water supply lines.
- The 3mm T-Piece (a.k.a. Blumat Mini-Tee) splits the supply line in two. (Can be used to form 3mm piped Blumat Distribution Dripper “rings”)
- The 8mm T-Piece splits the supply line in two
- The 8mm Elbow works well for 90 degree corners
- The 8mm to 3mm Elbow is used at the end of each line and attaches the last Blumat Tropf Sensor in the line to the 8mm supply line
- EACH FITTING IS SOLD INDIVIDUALLY
The Blumat Tropf system works by using gravity and the capillary interaction between the soil and the orange Blumat clay “carrot” cones. When the soil or substrate is dry, it will create a suction inside the water filled cone tubes – opening the diaphragm at the top of the carrot and allowing water to drip from the tubing. Once the soil around the clay cone becomes moist, this suction will cease and close the diaphragm again.
This allows for each individual pot to be watered automatically only when needed, and a single Tropf system can have up to 500* watering points ! The “carrot” does the thinking for you !
Please note: The water tank must be at least 0.5 m higher than the Blumat Tropf system for every 5 m of tube but no more than 14 metres higher. ( * DETAILED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS HERE )
Blumat Connectors can be part of a custom-built Blumat Tropf Automatic Watering System