Sonoff Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor
The Sonoff Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor connects to a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge, which in turn interfaces with the eWeLink home automation smartphone app, allowing you to monitor and automate your grow area, or other spaces like your home or office.
You can then set up “Scenes” from the eWeLink app on your phone, to trigger smart switches when certain contidions are met, e.g: IF Temperature sensor reads more than 28 degrees, turn Fan ON.
These smart switches can be Zigbee based or WiFi based – you are not limited to controlling only Zigbee switches using the data from a Zigbee sensor.
The Sonoff Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor is powered by a CR2450 button cell battery, NOT INCLUDED! These batteries are often NOT available at your local pharmacy or hardware store.
Requires a WiFi-to-Zigbee hub to work – please purchase the Sonoff Zigbee Bridge if you do not already have one.
- No system is perfect – always monitor your automation to ensure that your plants aren’t in danger!
- The reliability of communication between the battery-powered Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor and the mains-powered Zigbee Bridge is determined by the strength of the battery in the sensor, mains power supply to to bridge, and the distance between the Zigbee sensors and Zigbee smart switches and the Zigbee bridge.
- Place all of the Zigbee equipment close to each other to optimize communication (Being in the same room or even the next room should be sufficient in most cases, although the sensor batteries will deplete quicker when placed further away from the bridge)
- Zigbee routers can be installed if the sensors have to be installed far away from each other.
- The Zigbee bridge also needs to be installed where there is a strong WiFi signal in order to be able to communicate with your eWeLink app effectively.
- You can use the information from Zigbee sensors to turn regular WiFi Smart switches ON or OFF as well – you are not limited to only using Zigbee smart switches.
- Regular WiFi smart switches however, of course need strong WiFi signal to operate properly when used in a eWeLink app “Scene”.
- Not all electrical equipment is suitable for remote operation – some may “light up” (Power up) when its smart switch engages (turns ON), but it may still need a person to press a button on the device, or its remote, before it will actually start to OPERATE.
- Monitor indoor temperature and humidity.
- Sync the real-time temperature and humidity reading to the eWeLink app.
- Can also trigger Wi-Fi smart switches in smart scene using the eWeLink app.
- Add a camera to ensure you know any emergency in your home. (A camera that is able to see the display of a secondary thermo-hygrometer inside the grow area is a great way to monitor your automation)
- Low-battery notification on the eWeLink app.
- Quick and easy to install or move around
- Battery: 3V(CR2450);
- Wireless protocol: Zigbee (IEEE 802.15.4);
- Material: PC;
- Dimension: 43X43X14mm
Get more information and user manuals directly from the Sonoff website: HERE