Solenco 30L Dehumidifier
The Solenco 30L Dehumidifier:
- Removes 30.06 L of moisture per day at 30° C and 80% RH (Relative Humidity) at 360 Watts/hour
- Removes 27.8 L of moisture per day at 25° C and 80% RH using 330 Watts/hour
- Removes 12.6 L of moisture per day at 25° C and 60% RH using 308 Watts/hour ( These conditions are the closest to an average grow space )
While some dehumidifiers just provide one stage dust filtration, this model features an advanced 6 stage air filter purification system including a HEPA, Ioniser and UV technologies to remove 99% of airborne contaminants such as bacteria, pollen & mold spores!
The dehumidifier boasts a digital display (from 35 to 80% RH, in 5% increments) at the front of the unit that shows you the current humidity level in the room, so you only have to look over to see what percentage it is to know whether the humidity is too low, too high or just right.
The Solenco Ultra Dry 30L Compressor Dehumidifier also has the following features:
- Air Flow (nominal): 200 m³/hour
- 2 Fan speeds
- New “Follow Me” Remote for easier use.
- One touch smart mode to maintain optimum humidity
- Automatic defrost, Tank full indicator, Auto restart
- Noise level (Max): 48 dB
- Energy Efficient
- Top Quality – Two-year warranty
- 5 L water tank with option of continuous drainage (hose included)
- Dimensions (HWD): 660 x 445 x 295 mm
- Weight: 17.5 kg
Generally, manufacturers name and rate the unit based on the amount of water it can remove from air in 24 hours, but based on air with a temperature of around 30 degrees Celsius and with an RH of 80%. These types of conditions may be a reality in really tropical summers in places like China and Hong Kong, but is far from what the conditions inside your average grow area are like. There are even some manufacturers that rate their units’ performance based on 32 degree Celsius air with 95% RH! These ratings are also based on air where the RH remains the same – as a dehumidifier cannot magically continue to remove water from air with little to no water in it.
As a general rule of thumb, halve the rating of any dehumidifier to get an idea of how much water it will remove from a “normal” grow room environment in 24 hours.
Dehumidifiers are best suited for closed-loop growing set-ups, or spaces with little ventilation – no number of dehumidifiers will dry out a space where potentially wet air is constantly being ventilated into the space from outside.