- Two-Button Operation
- Quick Calibration Mode
- Extractable Cloth Junction to Extend pH Electrode Life
Model: GroLine HI98118 pH/temperature tester
Don’t forget to buy pH Storage Solution with this meter, to extend pH probe’s lifespan
IMPORTANT USAGE INSTRUCTIONS !!!
- Waterproof means that your pen will survive if splashed with water. It does not mean that your pen will survive if fully or half submerged (including button and LCD screen) into water when taking a reading.
- When measuring pH, submerge pen only up to cap level.
- We recommend that you store pen upright with the probe facing downwards.
- We have provided a small sponge inserted into the cap of the pen – to which a few drops of “Ph-pen Storage solution” should be added to keep the instrument’s probe moist when not in use. This will maximize the lifespan of the pen’s probe.
Hanna GroLine pH Tester is an affordable way to measure the pH of hydroponic nutrient solutions. The maintaining of an optimal pH is essential to maximize optimum growth. The general rule of thumb is that as pH increases the solubility of minerals and nutrients decrease. It is important that nutrients are soluble for plants to uptake and use for growth. The pH of nutrient solution can also affect the bacteria that fix nitrogen for the plant to use. Every plant has optimum pH levels for growth.
The HI98118 is an advanced meter while maintaining simplicity. The front of the meter has two buttons. One is for turning the meter on and off while the other is used to enter the calibration mode. There is a third button in the battery compartment that allows the user to customize the meter to their preference. Customization includes temperature readout in oC or oF, automatic shut off selectable from 8 minutes, 60 minutes or disabled, and lastly the choice of using pH 4, 7 and 10 Calibration solutions.
The HI98118 features a unique extractable cloth junction. The reference junction of a pH electrode, also known as a salt bridge, provides an electrical pathway between the internal reference cell and the sample. Any clogging of the junction will result in a disruption of the electrical pathway. When this happens the readings will be erratic and take a very long time to stabilize. With the Hanna extractable junction a small portion of 25mm is extracted or pulled to expose a clean surface. With the junction renewed the clogging is cleared allowing the meter to still be used. The overall length of the junction is about 2.5cm so the junction should only be extracted periodically.
The HI98118 can be used to measure the pH in soils as well as nutrient solutions. The North Carolina State University has outlined a procedure known as Pour Through Sampling Method. This method is used for container plants in which 50 ml of leachate is collected from a thoroughly watered plant and then tested.
To measure the pH of soil as a slurry, mix 1 part soil to 1 part water. The slurry is allowed to rest for 10 minutes so that the solids will settle out and the pH of liquid above can be measured.
- Built in temperature sensor for Automatic Temperature Compensated measurements.
- Renewable junction to clear any clogging that causes readings to drift and be erratic .
- Stability indicator that disappears once a stable reading is obtained .
- Automatic calibration to one or two points at a push of a button.
- Battery % level remaining displayed at start up.
- Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining.
|pH Range||0.00 to 14.00 pH|
|pH Resolution||0.01 pH|
|pH Accuracy||±0.1 pH|
|Temperature Range||0.0 to 50.0°C / 32.0 to 122.0°F|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1°C / 0.1°F|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.5°C /±1°F|
|pH Calibration||automatic, at one or two points using standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01,10.01); one point calibration using quick calibration solution|
|Temperature Compensation||automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)|
|Battery Type/Life||1.5V CR2032 (1) / approximately 1000 hours of continuous use|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 100%|
|Dimensions||160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7“)|
|Weight||65 g (2.3 oz.)|
|Ordering Information||HI98118 GroLine is supplied with protective cap, (3) HI50036 Quick Cal calibration sachets (20 ml), (1) HI700601 general purpose cleaning solution sachet (20 ml), (1) CR2032 battery, instruction manual, and quality certificate.|
|Warranty||1 year (probe 6 months)|